The day of your move has finally arrived. After wrapping millions of dishes and packing countless boxes, you are ready for the movers to come take your precious items to your new home. The last thing you want is for your scheduled movers to not show up or do an unsatisfactory job. Believe it or not this does happen! You can help eliminate this dilemma by researching moving companies before hiring them. Here are some tips to remember when looking for a moving company.
1. Look at the ratings and reviews from previous customers. Previous customers will be completely honest about their experience with the moving company.
2. Make sure the company is insured and bonded.
3. Determine how payment is accepted. Several fraudulent moving companies will want a large deposit up front.
4. Ask the company for a free on-site visit.
5. Inquire about the company’s damage policy. You may need this if something gets broken in your move.
6. Determine if the movers are permanent or temporary employees.
7. Make sure you double check that the move is scheduled. There can always be miscommunication.
If you have any other questions when it comes to finding quality movers, please call our local office at (615)595-5929. We are the “Movers Who Care,” and we are here to help!